School for Vampires (German: Die Schule der kleinen Vampire, Italian: Scuola di vampiri) is an Italian-German comedic horror television series aimed at an audience that is pre-teen. The series originally aired four seasons of 104 episodes from January 1, 2006 till July of 2010.
School for Vampires focuses on the character of Oskar, a young vampire attending a boarding school for Vampires. Ironically Oskar has a tendency to faint at the sight of blood (leading him to be a kind of Vegan Vampire) and is friends with a Human girl named Sunshine who doesn't believe in the supernatural despite her grandfather being a rather unsuccessful vampire hunter. Thus neither she nor her father know that Oskar is a vampire. The before mentioned situation only further complicates his school life.
- Oskar von Horrificus: Oskar is the main protagonist of the series. Oskar is often seen as the hero and is one of the students at the school. Count von Horrificus is his uncle. Oskar tries to be a great student, but unfortunately he has a fear of blood, therefore he is a vegetarian. He is still able however to change into a vampire bat like his friends and often visits the human girl Sunshine because he has a crush on her and she feels the same. However, Sunshine doesn't know he's a vampire, as she is a skeptic, although she did turn into a vampire herself for a while. His name may be based on the character Oskar from the vampire novel and movie, Let The Right One In.(voice by Jake Beale).
- Stoker: Stoker is rather an anti-hero and a troublemaker to the Vampire Academy. He is often getting himself or his friends into trouble and suffers from the most bad luck than anyone else in the series. His name is obviously a pun of Bram Stoker, the author for the popular novel of Dracula. Stoker looks the most stereotypical of his vampire friends, since he looks like Count Dracula and loves blood. He has a one-sided crush on Gothetta. In the English dub, he speaks with a Cockney accent. (voice by John Stocker).
- Leechy: Leechy is a child prodigy, often very intelligent and making inventions for his friends. He is seen to be very close with Oskar, and had a crush on Professor Oxford's young relative, Ravena. He dresses and acts like a stereotypical nerd and has sharper fangs than the other students. (voice by Stacey DePass).
- Klot: Klot is the youngest vampire and is often confused for a girl by certain people, he even dresses a little like Madeline and has a high-pitched voice. Klot also believes in the Fang Fairy. (voice by Stacey DePass).
- Gothetta Gothetticus: the only girl vampire in the school, and the most level-headed. She is a skilled botanist. Gothetta gets into trouble herself at times, but isn't as bad as Stoker. Many fans usually prefer her and Oskar to be a couple in spite of Oskar's crush on Sunshine and the fact that Stoker loves Gothetta. She doesn't particularly like Sunshine. Gothetta is also as smart as Leechy (only not as nerdy) and is often seen as a big sister figure to Klot. She has long curly red hair in a ponytail with the sides of her head shaved (also known as a wolftail). One episode shows her as a human. In the English dub, she speaks with somewhat of a "Valley Girl" accent. (voice byStacey DePass).
- Ashley von Ghoulfangs: Once a young vampire like the others, but was exposed to the sun, resulting in him to be a talking, sentient, immobile pile of dust. Ashley often speaks about his vampire life and that he was the best one in all the land where he comes from. Ashley also often tells everyone things they should know about others, like why Lenny was upset for a while. His name acts as a pun, since he is an ash pile. He can be seen as a sort of comic relief. As a vampire, he had red hair and wore green clothes. (voice by Danielle Baynes).
- Lenny: The school's custodian. He is very protective of the students (especially when Sunshine's grandfather tries to kill them). Unlike them, he was bitten by a vampire, not born as one. He speaks with a British accent and strongly resembles Riff Raff from The Rocky Horror Picture Show (voice by John Stocker.
- Ravena: A female vampire whom Leechy has a crush on. She is related to Professor Oxford. She has black hair in a bun and somewhat resembles Mina from the Dracula franchise by the way she dresses (voice by Camden Angelis).
- Professor Oxford: A vampire teacher and a relative of Ravena. He looks similar to Count Orlock from Nosferatu (voice by Ron Pardo).
- Sunshine Polidori: A female human whom Oskar has a crush on. She may be called Sunshine because of her blond hair. When she turned into a vampire, she had black hair and was called Moonshadow. Sunshine is a skeptic and is unaware that Oskar is a vampire. Her grandfather is a vampire hunter (voice by Stacey DePass).
- Paulus Polidori: Sunshine's grandfather, who is a vampire hunter. Even though he is not a skeptic like Sunshine, he is also unaware of the fact that Oskar is a vampire. He has a brother who is a skeptic, but even though Sunshine is also a skeptic, she demands that her grandfather be treated with respect. His brother eventually becomes a believer when Gothetta and Stoker change into bats and scare him. Paulus is often thought of as a "crackpot (voice by John Stocker)."
- Count Alerich von Horrificus: Oskar's uncle. He resembles the Hellsing character Alucard (voice by Ron Pardo)