The Little Mermaid is a tragic romance told by Hans Christian Anderson that involves a young mermaid who after saving the life of a prince, exchanges her voice in order to walk on land in hopes of winning his love.
- Anderusen Dōwa Ningyo hime (Hans Christian Anderson's The Little Mermaid); a 1975 Japanese feature based on the story.
- Rusalochka (The Little Mermaid); a 1968 Russian film that primarily follows the original story.
- The Little Mermaid (1989 film); a 1989 American musical feature produced by Disney that tells a lighter version of the story.
- The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea; a 2000 sequel to the 1989 feature film revolving around the daughter of Ariel and Eric.
- The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning; a 2008 prequel to the 1989 film.
Animated Series Edit
- The Little Mermaid; an animated series taking place before Disney's 1989 feature film's narrative that premiered in the year 1992.