Unbreakable Machine-Doll (機巧少女(マシンドール)は傷つかない Kikō Shōjo wa Kizutsukanai (Mashin-Dōru wa Kizutsukanai), lit. "Unbreakable Machine Girl") also abbreviated as "UMD"; is an ongoing Japanese light novel series written by Reiji Kaitou and illustrated by Ruroo. The series is published by Media Factory under their MF Bunko J imprint and is adapted into an ongoing manga series illustrated by Hakaru Takagi and published by Media Factory under their Monthly Comic Alive magazine and into a 12-episode anime television series animated by the anime studio Lerche and directed by Kinji Yoshimoto which was originally aired on AT-X in Japan from October 7, 2013 to December 23, 2013.
Early 20th century, mankind was able to establish advanced magic into a system; Machinart. The combination of magic and science which involves running a magic circuit through an automaton and having a puppeteer control it. However, in this era, the technique is being exploited for military use as major world powers are at a frenzied state to outdo each other. As a World War looms, Raishin Akabane, a puppeteer from Japan, together with Yaya, his automaton, arrived in Machine City Liverpool in England and entered the Walpurgis Royal Academy of Machinart to join the Night Party, a series of battles wherein Machinart clash until there is only one left standing and become the Wiseman, mainly, to spy on the latest Machinart developed by major world powers for the Japanese Army, though in actuality, to exact revenge on his brother Tenzen Akabane whom he assumes of having killed their clan and he assumes of being Magnus.
Raishin Akabane (赤羽 雷真 Akabane Raishin)
- A Japanese puppeteer from the Akabane Clan (赤羽一門 Akabane Ichimon). Raishin works as a spy for the Japanese Army and had Shouko Karyuusai mediate for him to be assigned of entering the Walpurgis Royal Academy of Machinart to join the Night Party and spy on the latest Machinart developed by major world powers as he wants to exact revenge on his elder brother, Tenzen Akabane, whom he assumes of having killed their clan and of being Magnus who is in the Academy. After arriving in the Academy and taking the transfer admission test, he originally placed in the 1235th out of the 1236, but after defeating Felix Kingsfort, he was then placed to the 100th seat, becoming a Gauntlet. Raishin's registration code is Second Last (下から二番目 (セカンドラスト) Shita Kara Ni-banme (Sekando Rasuto)). He has black (dark brown) hair and wears a brown harness together with his school uniform. He is an acute observer and is an audacious person who boldly makes his choices.
- Yaya (夜々 Yaya)
- Raishin Akabane's automaton. Yaya is a Banned Doll and is one of the Karyuusai Brand (花柳斎ブランド Karyūsai Burando)'s Setsugetsuka (雪月花 Setsugetsuka) series created by Shouko Karyuusai. She has black hair and wears a black kimono together with, originally, a pair of black geta which was replaced by a pair of black (dark brown) boots after the train incident. Yaya is a sprightly person who talks in a third person point of view. She is in love with Raishin and is often jealous at the women around him, and which often to an extent, results for her to violently attack him. Yaya possesses the magic circuit, Kongouriki (金剛力 Kongōriki), which allows her to harden all her monads which allows her to gain an increase of strength for attack, defense, and fast movement.
Charlotte Belew (シャルロット・ブリュー Sharurotto Buryū)
- A British puppeteer from the Belew House. Charlotte is a member of the Gauntlets, one of the Rounds, ranking 6th, and her registration code is Tyrant Rex (君臨せし暴虐 (タイラントレックス) Kunrin Seshi Bōgyaku (Tairantorekkusu)). She has blond hair and wears a blue beret and a brown glove together with her school uniform. Charlotte is an irritable and impetuous person who often becomes reckless with her actions. She is often not honest with her true thoughts and feelings, often hiding it and or denying it.
- Sigmund (シグムント Shigumunto)
- Charlotte Belew's automaton. Sigmund is a Banned Doll; a dragon with steel coloured scales that has two horns on his forehead and four wings across his back. He is a calm and composed mature dragon. Sigmund possesses the magic circuit, Gram (魔剣 (グラム) Maken (Guramu)), which allows him to annihilate matter.
Frey (フエイ Furei)
- Rabi (ラビー Rabī)
Loki (ロキ Roki)
- Cherubim (ケルビム Kerubimu)
Episode 01: Facing "Cannibal Candy" ⅠEdit
Episode 02: Facing "Cannibal Candy" ⅡEdit
Episode 03: Facing "Cannibal Candy" ⅢEdit
Episode 04: Facing "Cannibal Candy" ⅣEdit
Episode 05: Facing "Sword Angel" ⅠEdit
Episode 06: Facing "Sword Angel" ⅡEdit
Episode 07: Facing "Sword Angel" ⅢEdit
Episode 08: Facing "Sword Angel" ⅣEdit
Episode 09: Facing "Elf Speeder" ⅠEdit
Episode 10: Facing "Elf Speeder" ⅡEdit
Episode 11: Facing "Elf Speeder" ⅢEdit
Episode 12: Facing "Elf Speeder" ⅣEdit
OVA 1: ~The Two of Them Head to School~Edit
- AT-X (October 7 to December 23, 2013)
- Tokyo MX/Tokyo Metropolitan Television
- ytv/Yomiuri Telecasting Corporation
- TVA/Television Aichi Broadcasting
- BS11/Nippon BS Broadcasting
- Unbreakable Machine-Doll (Wikia, English)